Sunday, July 22, 2012

Prospera Valley Gran Fondo - Check!

Today I finished the Prospera Valley Gran Fondo and I was pretty stoked to get it done. I started road riding back in February/March as I was not losing, or maintaining, my weight by mountain biking; probably had something to do with driving or taking chair lifts to the top of the mountain and riding down!

Anyways, my time was 5 hours, 31 minutes and 49 seconds which placed me 151/333 males who started and 41/76 in my age group with an average pace of 29km/h throughout the whole course; I was more than happy with that outcome considering my longest ride prior to this one was just shy of 100km.

Chelsey and the kids did not get to the finish line in time to snap any pictures but I have copied a map and hill profile below for those who care.

Also, one of the things on my 2012 Bucket List was to do a downhill mountain bike race but since I have spent so much time on my road bike I have not mountain biked much so I am going to count this as the "race" instead; I feel no guilt as the Gran Fondo was a lot harder than ripping down the trail, in my opinion.


1 comment:

  1. That's a great effort mate - well done!!! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete