Monday, November 14, 2011

2012 Bucket List

As 2011 nears an end I was looking through the blog and came across my 2010 New Years Reso; I never had any resolutions for 2011 I guess. Since I never accomplished anything in my 2010 list (I guess publishing it does not make it easier to accomplish!) I thought I would give myself a head start this year and begin 6 weeks early. Also, I am going to call it a 2012 bucket list as it sounds less formal then "resolution." Finally, as losing weight is "so last decade" I am going with a number of things I would like to check off which, if completed, should result in better health; in my opinion better overall health is better than losing X amount of pounds. The bucket list is...*insert drum roll here*
  1. Do a downhill mountain bike race -  Did the Gran Fondo instead.
  2. Bag two more mountain peaks - these don't have to be super hard but harder/longer then what we accomplished this year; Needle Peak and Mount Thurston come to mind as two I would like to tackle
  3. Knock three more things off of our 50 Things to do in BC Before You Die List
  4. Break 90 at Sandpiper
  5. Find 150 more Geocaches which would bring our total to 253
  6. Catch a Steelhead - The Fish of 1000 casts!
  7. Continue on my trek to "Be More Green"
While some of these things will require some luck to go with my lack of skill (catching a steelhead & breaking 90) I think this should be an achievable list time permitting. As long as I do not commit myself to too much volunteer duties the time should be there for me, as well as for Chelsey to accomplish her bucket list. Lets start checking things off!

2 comments:

  1. I have faith that you can do whatever your little heart desires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list Mike - lots of fresh air.

    ReplyDelete